Monday, January 22, 2018

The Magic of Inspiration

This April, I will be teaching at the Ink Links Sampler in Guelph, Ontario.
As soon as I heard the theme of Harry Potter I was overwhelmed with inspiration. I will be teaching "Fainting Fancies"

....which will be fanciful, embellished Roundhand Capitals done entirely in Pen and Ink. And, I will be teaching "Flourish and Blotts"
, a course in offhand flourishing. It will be a whirlwind day. I am currently working on the notes for both classes. Harry Potter, always makes me think of owls, so my artwork so far has been rich with owl imagery. I have really enjoyed the slow process of just stippling, or hatching with ink on paper. Sometimes it just takes a word, to spark some inspiration. Often after Christmas, I go through the doldrums of trying to get fully back into work mode. I am thankful that this year, it passed quickly as I have so much to prepare for in the coming days. I am thankful for work to keep me occupied and students who are eager to learn.

No comments: